Saturday 5 December 2015

Evaluation of Project


Overall i am very happy with the outcome of my photoshoot. I chose to use a soft lighting to create a glow on the skin and enhance the gentle colours of the makeup. I use side and front on lighting to get my photos. 
I chose to use rose gold as my main colour as its very soft and natural bit still adds a little colour to the face, I think this looks effective in my colour photos but isn't very visible in my black and white photos. I chose to curl my models hair because i wanted to add some texture and movement to the hair. Her hair is usually very straight so to add a little more texture i curled it then brushed out the curls to give the hair a slight wave. 
I have really enjoyed this project brief, more than i first thought i would because photography has never been something that interested me before . At first learning about the camera settings and types of lighting was very overwhelming but after a few practice sessions i began to understand and found adjusting everything a lot easier.  I have learnt a lot about how adjusting the camera settings and the lighting set up can make a difference to the image produced.
I researched different images to give me inspiration on poses and lighting for my final shoot, i created a list of poses to give my model an idea of what i was looking for. 
My favourite pose from this photoshoot is from one of my black and white images, the model lies on the floor with her hair spread around her, i like this because i think its quite different from many other beauty images. 
If i were to repeat this brief i would shoot my final images in two separate photoshoots, one for my  colour and one for my black and white images. I would do this because i feel the makeup in the black and white images could be slightly stronger to make it more visible in the photos.